At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Friday, February 18, 2005

I'm almost done with Mistress of Mistresses, the book I turn to when I involuntarily wake up at 4:00 a.m. These conditions of fatigue may have something to do with the fact that I found it a difficult, though enjoyable, read--or maybe the archaisms, fanciful similes, and shifting time frames would make for slow going even were I rested and alert. The underlying metaphysics of the book is confusing as well, but it seems to be an erotic pantheism in which loving God consists of shagging Her multiple sexy incarnations. Despite my reservations, I liked MOM enough to get the sequel, Fish Dinner in Memison, thru ILL.

Still getting flushed, so that my forehead looks like I've got a severe sunburn. Doctor's appointment on Thurs.

Our book sale is over. I found a first edition of William James' Memories and Studies (1911). The most expensive copies on bookfinder.com go for $150!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, calling it "MOM" ruins the sexiness and eroticism of it for me....

Pablo

10:46 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Hey, I flushed out Pablo! Must talk about sex more...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home