At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Another reference question! Student needed a "scholarly dissertation" on Debussy's Suite Bergamasque. No problem--I used Dissertation Abstracts to locate one at the U. of Conn., and we submitted an ILL request for it.

Meanwhile, Reuters claims we owe them $6,700 for database subscriptions, but according to my records and those of our business office we paid that invoice back in November.

The Boss's son announced his engagement and then got a J.O.P. marriage, all within a week. I didn't think it was possible to find young singles in this town, but apparently I was wrong. This fellow met the woman at a kwickie mart, so I guess I should scope out the check-out counter the next time I get gas.

Drinking: Lorval Syrah 2001 (not very good, but cheap)

Listening: Stereolab, Last of the Microbe Hunters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Kwickie Mart? J.O.P.? One Week? Maybe I'm being something of a snob, or perhaps I'm just jaded, but this doesn't seem very good to me...I think you will meet your love interest/future wife under more intellectually stimulating circumstances. Perhaps small town life is running its course for you?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Intellectually stimulating circumstances in West Texas? The rodeo, perhaps? :)

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home