At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

This year's international trip: Shanghai! American Airlines has an introductory fare offer going on. Unfortunately departing from Lubbock would add $600 to the ticket, so I have to leave from Dallas. Perhaps some kind soul in the DFW area will let me drive in the day before and stay overnight...I leave April 15 and return the 24th.

Fun With YouTube

Cooking with Kate Bush

Thom Yorke and Bjork on SpaceGhost

Brothers Quay montage (with incongruously upbeat tropical soundtrack)

Cap'n Beefheart on Letterman

2 Comments:

Blogger Felix said...

Okay, I'll say it. You're getting shanghai'd!

All the same, I envy you the experience. What's on the agenda? Is this going to be another shared trip with your brother or somebody else?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

A coworker beat you to that joke!

I'm going with my brother. We'll probably stay within a 200-km radius of Shanghai. There are some famous tourist traps in the area (Suzhou, Nanjing, Huzhou).

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home