At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, November 28, 2005


Carlos Crawls Cowtown

Lamb vindaloo at Maharaja; Capote; Spinach pochette at La Madeleine; bottles of Bordeaux at Majestic Liquor; Merton and Sufi poetry at Half Price Books; free samples at Rahr Brewery; gawking at exotica like Pickled Makok, Grass Jelly juice, and Pork Uteri at the Vietnamese market; worship at a toney Episcopal church in the country club district; chicken-fried steak at Lucille's. And, of course, the hospitality of a very domestically-minded host. (Your coffee is still too weak, though!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Felix said...

I agree. Pablo's coffee is shamefully inadequate. It won't even take the paint off metal, let alone etch the surface.

It's unfortunate that I may not see you in Cowtown this Christmas. Let me know if that changes. One way or the other, I hope that I'll get to sample some of the same things you mentioned when I blow through town like an errant tumbleweed. Pablo, are you up to the task?

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Must have been rushed on your update. no Mention of the array of new people met, or if that was only me. but i leave my tag on your wall, Chill and be safe around those evil books

10:59 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Hey Miguel, what's your URL again? (You can have Pablo forward it for privacy's sake).

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home