At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Had a colonoscopy yesterday. I think the less said about it the better, except that the results were entirely negative and it seems I simply have irritable bowel syndrome, the common cold of gastroenterology.

After a lot of googling and downloading of freeware both famous and obscure, I've finally cobbled together a sort of Rube Goldberg chain of programs enabling me to convert RealAudio files into MP3s, which I'll upload into the iPod. Now I can listen to, say, Fr. Benedict Groeschel discuss St. John of the Cross on mortification, while undergoing my own ascetic practices at the gym.

Latest viewing: Yasujiro Ozu, Good Morning B+

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

love it

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home