At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Theology

Could one neatly divide salvation history into three eras, each corresponding with one of the various persons of the Trinity which predominated during that period: the Father in OT times; the Son during Jesus' earthly ministry; and the Spirit post-Pentecost? True, Jesus said he would be with the church always, but if the filioque is correct then that presence could be construed spiritually--which fits with Jn 16:7: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." This chrological procession coincides nicely with the logical procession of persons in the Trinity (the Father as the source, the Son as begotten, and the Spirit as spirating from the two).

If this is right then the Pentecostals may be on to something, as much as I would hate to admit it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home