At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I didn't have a chance to visit any arthouse movie theaters, but otherwise I took advantage of my time in Dallas-Fort Worth by partaking of the usual amenities: a crawl of local Half-Price Books outlets (I'm trying to get back into reading by avoiding anything serious or edifying (although I did buy a few hagiographies and a couple of books of Pre-Raphaelite prints for my recently acquired coffee table), so I picked up a lot of highly discounted installments in the "Fantasy Masterworks" series, most of which I hadn't heard of (though "Little, Big" by one John Crowley is excellent so far)); quiche at La Madeleine, like Half-Price Books a Dallas franchise which has had some regional success; and tasty Indian food (my first since Santa Fe back in September) at "Curry 'n' Kabob". Also took a deep breath and forked out the $1,600 for a Cordoba guitar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home