At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Guitar


These transcriptions are almost too easy to post, but I remember having difficulty as a beginner trying to figure out even basic I-IV-V Dylan songs, so perhaps the following will be useful to some newbies:

Guitar Chords for Van Morrison, "Professional Jealousy":
Verse: Bm7 Gmaj7 D
Bridge: A Bm7 Gmaj7 D A Bm7 Gmaj7 A D (Dmaj7 at the end of the song)

Guitar Chords for Van Morrison, "I'm Not Feeling It Anymore":
Verse: E Amaj7
Chorus: E Amaj7 B

Guitar Chords for Van Morrison, "Peace of Mind":
Verse: D G D G Am7 Bm7 Am7 Bm7 D
Chorus: C C/B D G G/F# Em C C/B D C G

In Hymns to the Silence, the album containing these tracks, Van is notably plaintive for someone so rich, talented, and famous. I guess the human capacity for discontent is more than a match for any combination of outward blessings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos-

Sorry to violate blog-commenting etiquette, but I'm currently living out of moving boxes and can't access my PC which has your email address. Your phone also seems to be continually busy. Please send me email or call my cell phone when you see this. (Somewhat time critical.)

Thanks,

- Steve H.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Thanks--I sent you an email.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home