At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

I'm back in the Southland.  Flying out, we skirted a multicell thunderstorm--a spectacular sight.  Today my brother and I ate out (Indian buffet for lunch and Mellow Mushroom pizza for dinner) and shopped.  I managed to spend only $65 at Disc Exchange; the haul includes:

  • Stereolab, Aluminum Tunes ("One Note Samba"!)
  • Stereolab, Last of the Microbe Hunters
  • Stereolab, Wow and Flutter
  • B-52s
  • Jenny Toomey, Tempting

Apparently I spent enough to merit some free samplers, the most interesting of which is a 4-song EP of covers by the Cowboy Junkies.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mellow Mushroom Pizza" sounds more like something you'd find in, say, Ann Arbor, or Denton, or Austin.

Let me know what you think of the Cowboy Junkies EP.

Felix

10:10 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Mellow Mushroom is in Knoxville, a big university town. Good pizza.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home