At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Beverages

Starbucks to team up with Jim Beam to create coffee-flavored liqueur. I don't know--I'll try it, but I think I'd rather just pour a little Maker's Mark into my coffee.

Library

Chronicle Article gives advice for Ph.D.'s wanting to get into the library biz. Most humorous statement: "the opening statement of your cover letter should convey that you are genuinely interested in library work -- not as an alternative to teaching, driven by desperation, but as your ruling passion." I like my job, of course, but I was upfront in my interview, if not in my cover letter, that I got into librarianship after failing to find a tenure-track teaching job. And anyway, according to library scientist William Katz, the best librarians are those who find other things more interesting than librarianship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home