At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I quit one of my book reviewing gigs. I want to spend more time on my own research projects, and in any case the assignments of late haven't been too interesting--amateur anti-religious screeds from minor publishers.

Anyone else going to Baltimore for ACRL?


Online Videos by Veoh.com

Do you think the gals do their own choreography?

Keywords: Guitar chords Puffy Amiyumi Toku suru karada とくするからだ

Use power chords at your discretion.

D

A G F# B A D
Tatoeba sainou totemo aru futari wo mikurabeyou
Katahou wa maamaa hitori wa GUU dotchi ga yatowareru
Onna no hito ni kagitta hanashi wa shite nai yo
Otoko no hito ni kagitte urotaeru

B E A D F#
Kibishii soshite yaya-koshii heisei o ikinokoreru no wa
B E D E A
Mita me mo chotto suteki na hatarakimono
D F# Bm D G Gm
Migoto na hito ni narimashou kanpeki ni shimashou
D F# Bm D G
Ima kara BISHItto kitaeyou kono karada
E Bb
Itsuka wa shizumu taiyou yo
Futsuu no yowai bokura ga kamisama ni ataerareta mono wa
Yasashiku soshite joubu na kokoroiki
Migoto na hito ni narimashou kanpeki ni shimashou
Migoto na BODII ni narimashou mou TORIKO ni sasemashou
Nanika to toku na omoi wo suru karada ohana mo mizu nakya shioreru
Saa migoto na hito ni narimashou kanpeki ni shimashou
Ima kara BISHItto kitaeyou kono karada
Itsuka wa shizumu taiyou yo soshite mangetsu ni natte terasu no yo

[Transposition to E at the end left as homework for the reader.]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Prometheus one of those "minor publishers"? And which gig are you talking about? Feel free to elaborate in off-blog e'mail --

I'd love to go to ACRL, but neither employer is willing to support it and I can't afford $500-$600 for registration.

Felix

1:46 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Yes, so you probably know which gig I'm giving up. Not that I necessarily dislike anti-religious screeds--I'm a big fan of Nietzsche, after all--but these didn't have any originality or persuasiveness.

I will miss having the free books to sell on amazon, though.

Did you hear back from the law school?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I didn't know you had more than one reviewing gig. How ironic that my first review will appear a month and a half from now. We'll see if they come back for more.

Never heard a peep from the law school. Naught but deathly silence from the hallowed halls of academe. Nor, for that matter, from the noisy foyers of the public libraries to which I've applied.

Felix

7:45 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Congratulations--is the review appearing in the same magazine we're talking about or somewhere else? Let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home