At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

I weeded the blogroll, although I actually ended up adding more links than I removed. I also discovered Hello, a program that enables one to post images on Blogger. It works, as you can see below.

Yesterday was boring but productive. I went down to Lubbock and bought new tires for my car (costing me $280 and 90 minutes of waiting), got the car washed and waxed, returned some long overdue items to the P.L., and stocked up on booze (Sierra Nevada stout, New Belgium 1554 and Fat Tire, and some Chilean red wine).

I'm sad that I didn't get either of those jobs in the Bay Area. It's particularly disappointing since I thought I was unusually well-qualified for both positions. On the other hand, I'm ambivalent about moving; I love my job here, it's just that my social and romantic prospects in this town are nil. (Not that they were plentiful elsewhere, but I've managed to get by heretofore.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home