At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, August 04, 2003

A Mildly Interesting Incident in an Otherwise Dull Life

As I was about to drive beneath an overpass in Lubbock yesterday, I saw a car drift off the edge of the highway at around 30 or 40 mph and tumble sideways down the embankment, kicking up a cloud of dirt with each flip. I couldn't believe my eyes; the scene was too unreal, cinematic. I circled around, expecting that an ambulance would have to be called. But the car, smashed up and dusty, had landed upright and two young women walked out of it unassisted. A small crowd had already parked at the side of the road and run down the slope to make sure all was well, so I didn't feel the need to stick around. I told this story tonight to J.M., who is at home recovering from a triple hernia operation, and he said he saw the women interviewed on the local news. They had a blowout and lost control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home