At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

The administration approved a new semester-long orientation course for incoming freshmen, called "Foundations of University Life." Topics include study skills, time management, handling stress...and library use. So we librarians will have to go in to all the sections of this course and serve up some hot, fresh B.I. to information-starved students. I'm searching the web for tips. "'Remember the Gin and Tonic': Using Alcohol to Teach Boolean Searching" would, given my partiality to that particular drink, be an exciting gimmick, but not kosher at a Baptist institution. "Using Tattooing to Teach Boolean Searching" would be more effective if I were a "modified librarian" myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home