At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, February 17, 2003

I got my first Choice reviewing assignment, a reference site on the Internet for philosophy. I was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't a real book; I hope that Choice hasn't relegated me to reviewing reference works, which is usually what librarians as opposed to teaching faculty do for the magazine. However, the exercise will reinforce my professional training because in my review I have to use those favorite criteria of librarians: scope, authority, audience, usability, currency.

I got in touch with my literacy student. We're tentatively planned to meet Wednesday after next. His overt gratitude made me actually look forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home