At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Sunday, February 09, 2003

I went to an Episcopal church in Lubbock which I liked pretty well. There were probably fifty or sixty people in attendance, the size of congregation I prefer. The building itself is in the California mission style, low and wide with red tile roof, adobe walls and a columned arcade surrounding a small courtyard. After the service the rector led a Bible study with the older adults, and I was told that a young adult class was starting soon, which I will probably attend in the future. Before I commit myself to this parish, though, I would like to visit the other Episcopal churches in Lubbock; however, this one suits me better than any church I have been to in this town. The drive will be inconvenient, but I will try to plan other activities in the city for Sunday.

Afterwards I ate lunch at a New York themed Italian restaurant called "Stella's." I've eaten out every day for the past couple of weeks. In between my eight hours of work and all my other interests, I just don't have time or energy for cooking. My mother would say that's why I need a wife, but I think one of those would be at least as expensive as dining out.

NASA now doubts (publicly at least) that foam from the external tank could have caused significant damage to the orbiter wing. Good news for my dad's company, although it occurred to me that a problem with the external tank could actually give them more work, since the problem would have to be fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home