At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

How to respond when an attractive woman approaches and asks, "Can I show you any fetishes?" Yes, I was looking at a display case of kachina dolls in a Santa Fe gift shop, but it still took me a second to recover my composure. The trip west was enjoyable, though even after four days in a row of New Mexican cuisine my father never got the perfect enchilada he was hoping for. I read in the Santa Fe paper that the fast-growing south side of town is breaking ground on a new library--something to keep track of during my job search.

As I mentioned a while back, D.B., our aged and increasingly forgetful acquisitions clerk--a technical services Miss Trixie--is retiring next week. The open position has proved to be quite popular. Two student workers and L.L., the former cataloguer who left to start a doomed jewelry business, have expressed interest. In a public forum I feel constrained not to give my opinion regarding their chances.

I gave up on the breviary. It takes up too much time for anyone not in the cloister (or unemployed). I found myself racing through the Psalms auctioneer-style. However, I'll probably use some of the readings to supplement the Daily Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home