At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I found out today that allposters.com happens to be having a 20% off sale until Memorial Day. I guess my decorating whim was well-timed.

The genius of Prince eludes me.

I brought back my record player from my folks' house but it turns out that the stylus was missing for some reason. I purchased a replacement from the Sony web site, but it didn't seem to fit so I returned it. TInkering around with the phonograph later, I noticed that my cartridge had been dislocated during the move, and I could push it further up the tone arm, making room for the stylus. So now I've ordered the stylus a second time. It's a rip-off ($70), but still cheaper than replacing my 200 or so vinyl albums with CDs. I can't wait to hear Blonde on Blonde.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My employer has a very extensive collection of music on LP, and these recordings are frequently sought by students and faculty. However, the library doesn't have a publicly-accessible turntable. Whether and under what conditions the library can transfer LP recordings to CD is a matter of some urgency.

Felix

9:37 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

It's possible--a coworker bought some software that enabled him to transfer his old C&W records to CD. I guess you meant that the library would face copyright issues, though.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home