At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Although it may sound sexy and glamorous, collection development has its stretches of tedium. This week I've been going through our standing order list and checking with publisher web sites to see how many installments will be produced in the forthcoming year, so I can know how much to cut off the top of the FY2004-2005 budget. When that's done, I'll have to go through our periodicals subscription list and account for rate adjustments. Then I'll need to gather various institutional data (students per major, circulation per LC subject, etc.) and plug it into our formula for divvying up the money among our disciplines. Boring.

I ordered my Pre-Raphaelite girlie posters. Should get here next week.

I broke down and started working on transcribing "The Fez." Actually it's not too difficult so far, but I'm still on the verse and chorus; I'm dreading the bridge, which is where Fagan usually trots out the fancy-shmancy modulations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home