At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Friday, April 16, 2004

Beverages

I didn't realize it was ever in doubt, but Link Between Gout and Alcohol Is Verified. I also thought gout was confined to 18th-century British aristocrats, but apparently it's still a going concern. Does this mean people still get Ague, Dropsy, and Consumption as well?

But here's some good news: Coffee, Soft Drinks Count Towards Recommended Eight Servings of Water Per Day.

At the Library


Who would have thought that it would be hard to spend money? With only a month to go in FY2003-04 I still have $8,000 left in the acquisitions budget. Probably I'm being too picky in buying only items with multiple positive reviews . Next year I think I'll be much more lenient; especially if a book is in one of our areas of emphasis (religion, literature, education) I'll probably get it on the strength of just one good review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home