At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, April 19, 2004

All in a Day's Work

Still trying to spend our money before the end of the fiscal year. Bought some Chemnitz, mostly cause I wanna read him but the purchase can also be rationalized--a Baptist university should own the most thorough and learned Protestant response to the Council of Trent ever written, right? Besides, the new translation of the Lutheran Book of Concord I got us a few months ago has received a circulation, so I have a precedent. Also the Boss asked that we get a bunch of Robert Farrar Capon because she really liked his books on the parables of Jesus that I recommended for her sunday school class. Now I'm preparing for my presentation of Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors tomorrow night, part of the sporadic film series that one of the history profs started last year. I'll throw some Plato, Dostoievsky, and Job at 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home