At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Academy award nominations are out. Thank goodness Cold Mountain didn't receive a best picture nomination. Here are some of my preferences (which are highly uninformed since I've seen less than half the movies listed):

Picture--Lord of the Rings
Director--Peter Jackson
Actor--Ben Kingsley
Actress--Keisha Castle-Hughes (uh, Whale Rider was the only movie I saw in this category, but the kid really did do a good job)
Cinematography--City of God
Foreign--Barbarian Invasions (although I probably would have chosen City of God were it nominated)
Visual Effects--need one ask?
Original Screenplay--Barbarian Invasions

I'm worried that the Academy will be snookered by the art-house veneer of Lost in Translation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home