At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Revenge of the Print Materials!

1. Patron was looking on the internet for a comprehensive article on Luther but didn't find anything suitable. I gave him appropriate volumes from the Eliade Encyclopedia of Religion and the Oxford Encyclopedia of the Reformation. He seemed pleased.
2. Patron was looking for economic information on Maine. Bless her heart, she said "I could just look on the internet but I thought I would ask if there were any good encyclopedias." I give her the Statistical Abstract of the United States, which she flips through and deems "neat!" (Admittedly this title is available online, but I find the print version more convenient, especially for libraries with slow or unstable network connections like ours.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home