At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Saturday, March 01, 2003

I went here to see this band last night. The newspaper described them as "alternative rock," but they were too rootsy for that categorization. Their original material was boring enough that their covers of Tom Petty and John Mellencamp, artists I normally despise, actually sounded quite good in comparison. On the plus side, the drinks were cheap, although they didn't have any vermouth for martinis and they hadn't even heard of a Manhattan (most people in the bar were drinking blue collar stuff like Bud Light or Jaegermeister). I suppose I'll keep trying a few more times to find some decent live music. Surprise of surprises, there's a concert here in town with a couple of local Christian bands playing in a restored theater. I'm not normally a fan of Christian rock but in the Bible Belt it's hard to escape, so it might be a good idea to squeeze whatever enjoyment I can out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home