At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Monday, April 18, 2005

It's that busy season when we need to spend all our money before the end of the FY. The book review blurbs and publisher catalog clippings I've saved all year come in handy now. We spent a few thousand on religion titles today. That critical edition of Beethoven also took a hefty chunk out of the surplus. But we still have about $20k that needs to be spent by May.

I have to take a last-minute business meeting to San Antonio on Wednesday. It's a trip that our distance librarian would have taken except that he had knee surgery today and won't be mobile for a few weeks. I'm wondering if I should make it a vacation, since the flight at least is free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felix said...

Have you made your ceremonial pilgrimage to the Alamo yet? Every Texan must do so.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I wish I had 20K that had to be spent by May. As to whether or not you should make it a vacation. Absolutely!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home