At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, October 02, 2003

This Month's Choice

I. Spalatin has a review this month. She says of the book under consideration that is it "almost 'unreviewable' in its erudite richness...A superb contribution to the study of modern art." At least she's consistent. One of mine is in there too, but an editor screwed it up. I had written "begs the question against" and someone changed it to "begs the question of." He or she is confusing "begs the question" with "raises the question." Given this experience, I shouldn't be too hasty to judge other reviewers, but I doubt editorial high-handedness is the cause of I. Spalatin's gushy evaluations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home