At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Saturday, June 28, 2003

Robert Christgau Word of the Day

pul·chri·tu·di·nous adj. Characterized by or having great physical beauty and appeal. (dictionary.reference.com)

The Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 2 [Asylum, 1982]

I admit it--this made my A shelves after the Bellamy Brothers softened me up. But that was unjust to the Bellamy Brothers. The Eagles are slimy not smarmy, pulchritudinous not purty, multiplatinum titans not singles artists, pretentious cynics not small-time con men, Topanga Canyon not San Fernando Valley. Sure their tunesmanship, zeitgeistheit, and guitar goodies were fun on the radio. But the next time I weeded my shelves, they were tracked to the reference collection. B- (www.robertchristgau.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home