At Home He's a Tourist

He fills his head with culture/ He gives himself an ulcer.

Thursday, April 10, 2003

After complaining that Library Journal singled out religious believers as particularly prone to bias on the reviewer application form, I find myself faced with the unpleasant task of practicing what I preach. LJ sent me my first reviewing assignment and I couldn't be less sympathetic to the book's thesis. It's a Marxist-feminist critique of the Old Testament's supposed misogny, racism, and classism, the deadly sins according to post-modern theology. Ideology aside, there's an additional problem in that I'm no expert on biblical criticism and I don't know Hebrew. Wish me luck.

I've also received a philosophy book from Choice for review, so my blogging might suffer. (Depending on where my priorities are.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home